• Tall fence or wall 3-4 metres wide (no windows) • Small foam ball for throwing or large foam ball for kicking
- One player stands with back to fence / wall and tries to dodge the ball.
- Other player stands 4-5 metres from fence / wall and tries to hit the first player with the ball.
- If using a small foam ball, the ball can be thrown.
- If using a large foam ball, the ball can be kicked.
- The player must be hit below the waist (legs).
• When the player is hit, the two players switch places. • On each turn, each player has to try to dodge 15 balls. Count how many times the player is hit.
This activity develops coordination of legs, arms and torso, plus dynamic balance and speed. These skills transfer to sports and activities that involve dynamic balance and speed (e.g., soccer, basketball, hockey, volleyball, racquet sports, martial arts, dance).
- Skill: Agility
- 15 minutes
- Suggested age 8-12 years